Thursday, July 8, 2010

Google mapping fun

Of the exercises we have done so far, this is the most useful. I have used it many times before, including creating a map of the branches which is saved to my account and linked to the VML Driving Directions page (created in May 2009).

Anyway, on this trip I went from Mt. Pleasant to Belding, Mi, to the Gerald R. Ford airport. Along the way I stopped in Belding and walked south on Bridge street. I saw the St. Joseph Catholic Church where my parents were married in 1948. I also saw the Wesco Convenience store on the corner of Bridge street and M-44. This is the route I took 3 weeks ago to pick Leslie up at the G. R. Ford airport. I stopped in Belding to plant flowers in the cemetery and drove by the church on the way there.

I do find Google Maps and Satellite, as well as Google Earth very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment